Today is the day we all share the goals we’re committing to for FinishYear!
Why are we doing FinishYear?
Because completed dreams change the world.
What are we going to do?
Tweet, Facebook post or comment on this blog every day in January with the hashtag #FinishYear to share our progress, roadblocks and encouragement.
Why are we doing it together?
Because fear always tries to isolate you when you go on a new adventure, and dreaming is best played as a team sport.
When and where does it start?
On Sunday, January 1, 2012 right here on this blog.
That said, here is what I am committing to finishing this year.
1. From January 1 – February 11, I am going to finish preparing for the next Quitter Conference and make it an awesome experience for everyone who attends. (This is a big part of my job and thus requires big focus!)
2. I am going to finish reading 12 non-fiction books this year. One per month.
3. I am going to finish running the Nashville half marathon Saturday, April 28th in under 2 hours and 10 minutes.
4. I am going to finish writing a new book in 2012.
5. I am going to finish a box of thank you cards this year as a sign of my gratefulness.
6. I am going to finish handwriting out the entire book of Proverbs in a moleskine notebook.
That’s it. I’ll probably discuss some more specific work goals with my team leader, but for FinishYear that is what I am committing to. Some will only take a few weeks or months. Some will take all year. If I finish a goal quicker than I anticipated, I’ll decide whether to add a new one.
For now, I’m focused on goal number 1, the Quitter Conference. That’s the one that’s dead in my sights and will be my biggest focus in January.
It’s your turn. In the comments, list out what you’re committing to for FinishYear. Don’t worry about detailing “how” you’re going to finish your goals, we’ll go through that together in January. Today is simply answering the “what” question.
What are you going to finish in 2012?