Spent the weekend in Atlanta with some friends. TIme for a FinishYear update!
Week 29 of FinishYear is done! July is sneaking to a close. (It’s not too late to join FinishYear with us! Here’s what we’re doing.)
On every Sunday in July, we’ve been sharing a quick summary of how we did that week on our Finish List.
Here’s my list of goals, and the summary of the progress I made:
1. Make the Quitter Conference awesome for people who attend.
Last week’s Quitter Conference came in the form of a live chat we did to talk about dream chasing. We had more than 700 people on the chat, which was a blast. Can’t wait to do the real thing at the conference as hundreds of people from all over the country get to cheer each other on. (If you want to join us on September 21-22, sign up today!)
2. I am going to finish reading 12 non-fiction books this year. One per month.
Moving right along on this one. I’m reading through a lot of books as I work on goal number 4.
3. I am going to finish running the Nashville half marathon Saturday, April 28th in under 2 hours and 10 minutes.
Done! I went to the gym twice this week and ran two times as well.
4. I am going to finish writing a new book in 2012.
I meet with the editor all day tomorrow! I need to cut about 25 pages of content, but I’d always rather cut than have to add.
5. I am going to finish a box of thank you cards this year as a sign of my gratefulness.
One card. Not a great showing, but it’s still forward motion.
6. I am going to finish handwriting out the entire book of Proverbs in a moleskine notebook.
Finished! Wasn’t writing through Mark too but now I might give that a rest. I’m just curious about doing a different approach to that book of the Bible.
That’s how I did.
How was your week?
What on your Finish List went well? What on your Finish List needs more attention next week?