I’m writing today from Franklin, TN, about to head out to the neighborhood pool with the whole family.
Week 28 of FinishYear is over! Can you believe we beyond the half way point for the year? (It’s not too late to join FinishYear with us! Here’s what we’re doing.)
On every Sunday in July, we’ve been sharing a quick summary of how we did that week on our Finish List.
Here’s my list of goals, and the summary of the progress I made:
1. Make the Quitter Conference awesome for people who attend.
We’ve got four surprise speakers who will be coming to the conference! We were able to get four of the most brilliant people I’ve ever met to come share some really powerful ideas about dream chasing. Can’t wait (If you want to join us on September 21-22, sign up today!)
2. I am going to finish reading 12 non-fiction books this year. One per month.
Right now I’m reading “The Creative Habit” and I dig it. I feel good about this goal.
3. I am going to finish running the Nashville half marathon Saturday, April 28th in under 2 hours and 10 minutes.
Done! I started running with two new folks in my neighborhood this week. They are a lot faster than me and it’s been awesome having people that will push me beyond my comfort zone. I ran three times this week.
4. I am going to finish writing a new book in 2012.
This week I am gathering the remaining ideas I have in preparation for the meeting with the editor on Monday, July 23. I built an “idea catcher” and this is essentially me emptying it to see what is worth developing and what idea doesn’t need to be added to the book. The manuscript is already done so I’ll be hyper selective about adding new ideas.
5. I am going to finish a box of thank you cards this year as a sign of my gratefulness.
Four cards! I wrote four cards! Great week for this one. Granted, that makes four cards in the last 10 weeks or so.
6. I am going to finish handwriting out the entire book of Proverbs in a moleskine notebook.
Finished! Didn’t do anything on this one this week. I’m trying to write the book of Mark, but it’s slow going.
That’s how I did.
How was your week?
What on your Finish List went well? What on your Finish List needs more attention next week?