I’m writing today from Franklin, TN, about to run out the door and speak for the fourth time today at Cross Point.
Week 27 of FinishYear is over! Sorry I missed last week! (It’s not too late to join FinishYear with us! Here’s what we’re doing.)
On every Sunday in July, we’ve been sharing a quick summary of how we did that week on our Finish List.
Here’s my list of goals, and the summary of the progress I made:
1. Make the Quitter Conference awesome for people who attend.
This week I announced that anyone who attends the conference is going to get a copy of my new e-book, “101 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Published My First Book.” I want to make sure that I spend the next two months finding as many awesome, helpful things I can give attendees. We also secured three other speakers for the conference. I can’t wait to tell you about them! (If you want to join us on September 21-22, sign up today!)
2. I am going to finish reading 12 non-fiction books this year. One per month.
Last week I finished Michael Hyatt’s great new book, Platform. I learned a ton. This goal is going well.
3. I am going to finish running the Nashville half marathon Saturday, April 28th in under 2 hours and 10 minutes.
Done! Not a great week as far as working out goes. It was approximately 800 degrees in Nashville and I didn’t run much.
4. I am going to finish writing a new book in 2012.
We scheduled a meeting with the editor. This one is about to be wrapped up!
5. I am going to finish a box of thank you cards this year as a sign of my gratefulness.
Zero cards. This one might need to be set loose.
6. I am going to finish handwriting out the entire book of Proverbs in a moleskine notebook.
Finished! I’m working on the book of Mark but didn’t do much this week.
That’s how I did.
How was your week?
What on your Finish List went well? What on your Finish List needs more attention next week?