Happy Father’s Day! Week 24 of FinishYear is over! (It’s not too late to join FinishYear with us! Here’s what we’re doing.)
On every Sunday in June, we’ve been sharing a quick summary of how we did that week on our Finish List.
Here’s my list of goals, and the summary of the progress I made:
1. Make the Quitter Conference awesome for people who attend.
There were two really cool things that happened this week. First, I talked to one of the three greatest speakers I’ve ever seen. He might be joining us at the Quitter Conference. I should know in the next few days whether he’ll be able to come present. The second thing is that I think I figured out how to give every attendee something that is absolutely crazy. It’s a pretty wild idea but if we can pull it off, it’s going to be awesome. Details soon! (If you want to join us on September 21-22, sign up today!)
2. I am going to finish reading 12 non-fiction books this year. One per month.
Still reading The Art of Possibility, but spent the week finishing Stephen Pressfield’s new book, Turning Pro. I loved it!
3. I am going to finish running the Nashville half marathon Saturday, April 28th in under 2 hours and 10 minutes.
Done! I ran a few times this week but did not make it to the gym to work out with weights.
4. I am going to finish writing a new book in 2012.
Right now I’m gathering more ideas to put in the book once the editor sends me back his thoughts. This one is on track.
5. I am going to finish a box of thank you cards this year as a sign of my gratefulness.
Zero cards. Again.
6. I am going to finish handwriting out the entire book of Proverbs in a moleskine notebook.
Finished! It took more than 6 months, but I did it. I hand wrote the entire book of Proverbs. I’m going to do the same thing with the book of Mark and am already in chapter 2.
That’s how I did.
How was your week?
What on your Finish List went well? What on your Finish List needs more attention next week?