Week 7 of FinishYear is over and it was easily the worst week I’ve had thus far concerning progress. (It’s not too late to join FinishYear with us! Here’s what we’re doing.)
Every Sunday during February, let’s share a quick summary of how we did that week on our Finish List.
Here’s my list of goals, and the summary of the progress I made:
1. Make the Quitter Conference awesome for people who attend.
This one is done and from the early reports we’re getting, people had a great time. I might have a fun announcement about the Quitter Conference in the next few weeks.
2. I am going to finish reading 12 non-fiction books this year. One per month.
Right now I’m reading Henri Nouwen’s The Return of the Prodigal Son. It’s a great book, but it is thick! The page count is low but there’s so much wisdom packed into each page that I’m being forced to move along pretty slowly. (Which I don’t think is a bad thing, but after sprinting through the first two books slowing down is a little frustrating.)
3. I am going to finish running the Nashville half marathon Saturday, April 28th in under 2 hours and 10 minutes.
Missed my long run this week. We’re in Blowing Rock, North Carolina and I didn’t plan very well to accomplish my long run on Saturday.
4. I am going to finish writing a new book in 2012.
This one is fun to talk about, but hard to do. I keep trying to write the perfect first sentence to the book and that’s become a bit of a mental roadblock. This week I finally jumped in and just started to throw down some words, regardless of the quality.
5. I am going to finish a box of thank you cards this year as a sign of my gratefulness.
I actually destroyed this goal this week. I sent 6 thank you cards out, which might be a new weekly record.
6. I am going to finish handwriting out the entire book of Proverbs in a moleskine notebook.
I wrote 3 times this week.
That’s my week.
How was yours?
What on your Finish List went well? What on your Finish List needs more attention next week?