And just like that, 6 weeks of FinishYear are behind us. (It’s not too late to join FinishYear with us! Here’s what we’re doing.)
Every Sunday during February, let’s share a quick summary of how we did that week on our Finish List.
Here’s my list of goals, and the summary of the progress I made:
1. Make the Quitter Conference awesome for people who attend.
The conference was this weekend and it was a blast! I’ll have to wait on attendee surveys to see if folks felt like it was awesome, but I honestly feel like I did everything I could to make it as awesome as possible. This goal is officially done!
2. I am going to finish reading 12 non-fiction books this year. One per month.
I started my new book this week. I’ve read two so far, which puts me a little ahead of schedule. The next book I am reading is Henri Nouwen’s The Return of the Prodigal Son.
3. I am going to finish running the Nashville half marathon Saturday, April 28th in under 2 hours and 10 minutes.
I ran three times this week. Today, I had to do 9 miles, which was the longest I’ve gone so far in this training cycle. I’m still on track for this goal.
4. I am going to finish writing a new book in 2012.
This one is suddenly looming. I told myself I’d start it after the conference was over. Guess what? The conference is over. It’s go time on this goal.
5. I am going to finish a box of thank you cards this year as a sign of my gratefulness.
I actually destroyed this goal this week. I sent 6 thank you cards out, which might be a new weekly record.
6. I am going to finish handwriting out the entire book of Proverbs in a moleskine notebook.
I wrote 4 times this week, which is better than the 3 I posted last week.
That’s my week.
How was yours?
What on your Finish List went well? What on your Finish List needs more attention next week?