Week 19 of FinishYear is over! (It’s not too late to join FinishYear with us! Here’s what we’re doing.)
On every Sunday in May, we’ve been sharing a quick summary of how we did that week on our Finish List. (Except last Sunday when I was traveling and totally dropped the ball!)
Here’s my list of goals, and the summary of the progress I made:
1. Make the Quitter Conference awesome for people who attend.
We’re on the cusp of rolling out some really awesome announcements about the next Quitter Conference. I can’t share them yet, but I have no doubt that this third Quitter Conference is going to be the best one we’ve done. And I’m writing a ton of new material for it, based on some things I’ve learned about chasing a dream in the last 90 days. Plus, last week we announced that there’s a money back guarantee! I feel like I knocked this goal out this week. (If you want to join us on September 21-22, sign up today!)
2. I am going to finish reading 12 non-fiction books this year. One per month.
I have 40 pages left of Imagine: How Creativity Works. I missed my goal of finishing it in April, but feel like I can get back on track this week.
3. I am going to finish running the Nashville half marathon Saturday, April 28th in under 2 hours and 10 minutes.
Done! And I’ve already scheduled to go to the gym on Monday, Thursday and Friday with my workout friend. I probably need to add some definition to my next exercise goal in order to replace this one.
4. I am going to finish writing a new book in 2012.
Manuscript is due June 1. Last week I wrote the introduction and it’s going to shape the entire flow of the book. I’m really happy with it and feel good about this goal.
5. I am going to finish a box of thank you cards this year as a sign of my gratefulness.
Zero cards. I wasn’t at my desk all last week but that’s not a great excuse. This goal is my least successful one thus far.
6. I am going to finish handwriting out the entire book of Proverbs in a moleskine notebook.
I’m in chapter 25!
That’s how I did.
How was your week?
What on your Finish List went well? What on your Finish List needs more attention next week?