Week 15 of FinishYear is over! (It’s not too late to join FinishYear with us! Here’s what we’re doing.)
On every Sunday in April, we’ve been sharing a quick summary of how we did that week on our Finish List.
Here’s my list of goals, and the summary of the progress I made:
1. Make the Quitter Conference awesome for people who attend.
I’ll be updating this one on April 17!
2. I am going to finish reading 12 non-fiction books this year. One per month.
I’m in the middle of book number 4 right now, Imagine: How Creativity Works. I’m meeting with my friends Chris and Austin on Tuesday morning for breakfast to review the chapters we read. Knowing I made a commitment to those guys has really helped me stay on track.
3. I am going to finish running the Nashville half marathon Saturday, April 28th in under 2 hours and 10 minutes.
Ran only two times this week, so that’s about a C-. I’m headed to California this week and will need to figure out where to run when I’m there or race day is going to be tough.
4. I am going to finish writing a new book in 2012.
One more week of heavy travel and then I’ll jump back on this one. I can write blog posts in 30 minute chunks here and there but have a hard time getting into the flow of writing the book without a lot of running room.
5. I am going to finish a box of thank you cards this year as a sign of my gratefulness.
Zero cards, but I have four people that I need to write one to this week. Two people I spoke for at events and two of my team members.
6. I am going to finish handwriting out the entire book of Proverbs in a moleskine notebook.
Continuing to knock this one out. Wrote two times this week.
That’s how I did.
How was your week?
What on your Finish List went well? What on your Finish List needs more attention next week?