Week 11 is over with FinishYear! (It’s not too late to join FinishYear with us! Here’s what we’re doing.)
Every Sunday during March, let’s share a quick summary of how we did that week on our Finish List.
Here’s my list of goals, and the summary of the progress I made:
1. Make the Quitter Conference awesome for people who attend.
I think this week or next week we’ll have some new plans finalized for this goal.
2. I am going to finish reading 12 non-fiction books this year. One per month.
Made approximately zero progress on this goal this week. I’m still in the middle of Henri Nouwen’s The Return of the Prodigal Son and it’s a slow go right now.
3. I am going to finish running the Nashville half marathon Saturday, April 28th in under 2 hours and 10 minutes.
I ran three times this week but my training plan has fallen a little by the wayside. Traveling has proven to be a challenge. Running 9 miles on a treadmill is borrrrriinnnngg, but if I don’t know where to run in a city I’m staying in sometimes the hotel gym is the only option. Only a few weeks until I run the half marathon.
4. I am going to finish writing a new book in 2012.
Good week as far as the book goes. I found the heart of the new book and that’s helped me start to write the right words.
5. I am going to finish a box of thank you cards this year as a sign of my gratefulness.
Wrote 0 cards again this week. I have about 8 people I need to thank but didn’t make any progress.
6. I am going to finish handwriting out the entire book of Proverbs in a moleskine notebook.
Wrote 4 days this week which is about my average.
That’s my week. Overall, it was hit or miss. I can’t blame traveling for an excuse. I love getting to speak and travel a little bit. And I can’t be surprised that it’s hard to stay consistent with goals while I am on the road. I just have to do a better job of planning ahead. (I need to read the art of eliminating surprises.)
How was your week?
What on your Finish List went well? What on your Finish List needs more attention next week?