Today marks the end of the fifth week of FinishYear. (It’s not too late to join FinishYear with us! Here’s what we’re doing.)
Every Sunday during February, let’s share a quick summary of how we did that week on our Finish List.
Here’s my list of goals, and the summary of the progress I made:
1. Make the Quitter Conference awesome for people who attend.
Can’t believe we’re less than a week away from the conference. Last week, I hustled on creating some brand new, never before shared material for the conference. Next week? My entire schedule is cleared to practice, practice, practice the material.
2. I am going to finish reading 12 non-fiction books this year. One per month.
I finished Great by Choice by Jim Collins. (Which I really enjoyed!) Time to pick the next book and get started.
3. I am going to finish running the Nashville half marathon Saturday, April 28th in under 2 hours and 10 minutes.
It was hard keeping on track this week because I traveled to Oklahoma and Dallas. I managed to run 3 of the 4 times I was scheduled.
4. I am going to finish writing a new book in 2012.
The book kicks into high gear at 5:01PM this Saturday, the minute the Quitter Conference is finished.
5. I am going to finish a box of thank you cards this year as a sign of my gratefulness.
I wrote two thank you notes this week! This one is proving to be the most challenging, which is weird because it’s so simple.
6. I am going to finish handwriting out the entire book of Proverbs in a moleskine notebook.
This one feels great, though this week wasn’t a home run. I only wrote 3 out of the 7 days, which is my lowest week thus far. I do however feel like I’m in a rhythm and am actually enjoying it, not just clipping through it to cross it off a list.
That’s my week.
How was yours?
What on your Finish List went well? What on your Finish List needs more attention next week?